Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Book Review: Ceaseless by Abbi Glines

 

 


3-Rushed-Stars




“I knew then that I had never understood what humans called love. But if that was anything close to the power....held over me, then no wonder they searched for it so passionately."


Ceaseless felt like classic Abbi Glines, which I of course loved. I'm a huge fan of her Sea Breeze series in particular. However, I wanted more from the end of this paranormal series. Existence introduced an awesome set of characters. And then, Predestined showcased their growth and fierceness. However, the ending of Ceaseless let me down. I still enjoyed it overall, but It felt rushed, overly sexual, and a bit redundant.

Guess it stands to reason that I'm (some people might be) not a huge fan of: the lead lady, in this case Pagan, being forced to forget and then fall in love again with the main hero, Dank. This plot line (in any book) frustrates me because 1) I want my favorite characters to be together, 2) it feels almost redundant to have the characters face the same issues and problems that they have already dealt with in the first book.


“What if she never remembers?"

"Then you better make her fall in love with you, again."

"How did I do it the first time?"

"You let her in."


This book is not as steamy as some of Abbi Glines more recent books. However, this book kicks it up a notch from the first two in the series. Nothing too wild, but not really what I was expecting for a YA? series.

Ceaseless felt rushed -- the book and just the ending of the series in general. And I wanted some more closure in different areas.

And even though I didn't like Leif in the last book. I didn't necessarily hate him. But this book, he REALLY bugged me. And it made me wonder if I even wanted to read his book at all.


OKAY, all of that being said. I still gave this book three stars for a couple of reasons.

First, the fact that Miranda found a good guy and soul mate. The way that this played out actually gave a lot of closure for Miranda.

And, of course, Dank Walker was still sexy and sweet as ever with many swoon-worthy moments.


“You're mine, Pagan Moore. You will always be mine.”

I didn't hate this book, by no means, but I was expecting more.


I would recommend this series as a whole to anyone who enjoys Glines writings (especially her cocky, alpha males) and paranormal romances. While Predestined was my favorite, Ceaseless did bring overall closure to the series.




Book Review of Predestined by Abbi Glines -- here.
 


 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment