Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Book Review: Four Seconds to Lose by K.A. Tucker




K.A. Tucker is quickly becoming on of my favorite authors. Ten Tiny Breaths was easily one of my favorite NA books this year. And Four Seconds to Lose didn't disappoint me in the least. Another 5 Star Read!


Characters
Tucker writes an amazing set of characters. And of course, seeing all of our old favorites throughout was amazing. The characters are so complex, different, and well developed. I am excited for Ben's story and crossing my fingers that Nate gets a book too.


In TTB, Cain was the Strip Club owner who wasn't a total ass, but seemed to actual be a decent guy. And in Four Seconds to Lose we see more into Cain's character. And I loved it! Total Swoon Alert ladies! He was the perfect mix of intense and caring. Breaking the stereotype for sleazy night club owners, he actually cares for his girls and wants to protect them. And even though he's sweet, he still has his alpha male moment.

Charlie is running. She is trying to start a new life for herself. And what better way to do that, then make some quick cash at the local strip club. I enjoyed being inside of her head for her inner battles -- from struggling with stripping to even bigger life choices. She is smart and has a backbone, yet still has her innocent moments. A great character with strengths and flaws equally displayed.

My Thoughts
This is an angst filled, emotional journey. The plot picks up speed quickly. And even as we were getting to know the characters -- as it switches back and forth between Charlie and Cain POV -- the plot throws us straight into emotional moments, past skeletons, and twists. From the start, I was drawn into the plot and curious "what is going to happen next." Another common thought was, "I love Tucker's writing style" or "gah, this is so good!"

Cain and Charlie are on of my favorite couples. Their love story has a beautiful build, that has you routing for them from the start. From their flirtatious moments and playful moments to the steamy ones, they have a lot of spark.

I loved, loved Four Seconds to Lose. And cannot wait to pick up another book by Tucker. If you loved TTB then you have to pick this up ASAP. I dare say, you'll fall for Cain even quicker than Trent. If you are looking for an well written read, some angst and spark, and genuine likable cast of characters, then pick this book quick!

Thanks to Atria Books and NetGalley for providing this copy in exchange for a honest review.





My 5 Star Review of Ten Tiny Breaths.





1 comment:

  1. I've seen a lot of good things about Ten Tiny Breaths and it's on my TBR list, I'm glad this one is good too!

    ReplyDelete