Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Tablet App of the Week: Blogsy

Hey lovlies! The past few weeks have been wild. Hello 2014, right? Hope that you all had a great January, and wonderful start to Feburary. My calander board still needs to be changed. Anyways..
 
Tablet App of the Week is something that I've been wanting to do for a while now. I do most -- if not all -- my online work on my apple iPad. Love it! Even more so I love finding apps that help me get my goals accomplished, new games, and even apps that help me with blogging. So ever week or so, I'll be featuring one of the apps that make my life easier.
 
 

Blogsy is my favorite app to use when creating new blogpost. I've tried a few different "post makers" and this one has caused the least amount of headaches.

 
As you see in the picture above, it has a simple but efficient layout that makes managing your post easier. The top bar contains the basic things needed for formating your post while you write. Then when you're ready for a picture, you can easily drag and drop them into a post fro the bar on the right side. it is easy to drag and drop them into your post. And this can be done from any of the applications listed, including your own camera roll.

The only thing that I've noticed is that it doesn't allow picture to be side by side. However, you can override this by photo editing them together (like below), or by switching to html mode and adding a table. The html is a little confusing, but I can nagivate it pretty well with my limited knowledge.

My Current Reads:
Sometimes I have trouble getting the post to transfer over to blogger without messing up the layout. But this can usually be fixed with some small adjustments in my post. However, it can be a little annoying when you're in a hurry.

Other cool features include:

  • Being able to add a "jump" to your post.
  • Adding youtube videos to your post.
  • Conencting more than one blog.
  • Preplanning your post.
  • And being abel to pull up old post as templetes or to edit.
Overall, I just just enjoy using Blogsy. It is simple, effectient, and the designers tend to keep it updated. I think I paid about five bucks for the app, but in my book, it was worth it. It's not perfect, but it helped reduce a lot of stress that I was having on other systems and/or designing straight on the blogger platform (which presents its own challenges for tablets users).

 

If you have another app that you use for designing post, please let me know. I love trying it out new things. If you're curious about blogsy you can find more information on their website blogsyapp.com or the app store.

 

 

 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment