Saturday, August 2, 2014

Stacking the Shelves : Historical Fiction Addiction


 
Stacking The Shelves, hosted by Tynga's Reviews, is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!
 
Can't get enough historical fiction lately. It's my current reading addiction -- thanks to BAM and my new friendship with half.com. Used books are perfect for summer outings too, cause it doesn't bother me to get grass or sand on them. And my debt card doesn't try to divorce me, well, as much.
 
Bought:
 
 
 

 
Secrets of A Summer Night by Lisa Kleypas (New)
Tender Triumph by Judith McNaught
Highlander Most Wanted by Maya Banks
The Irish Devil by Donna Fletcher
Whitney, My Love by Judith McNaught (5 Star Read)
Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost (New)
Until You by Judith McNaught
Simple Gifts by Judith McNaught & Jude Deveraux
 
Borrowed:
 
 
Where She Went by Gayle Forman
About halfway through this one and it's already heartbreaking.
Can't wait for the If I Stay movie.
 
Not a bad haul. Actually, I'm tickled pink with all the books here. Besides Halfway to the Grave and Where She Went, you can see my growing love of Judith McNaught and other historical fiction writers. Any author suggestions for me? 

 

 

10 comments:

  1. Fantastic haul!

    Used books and damaged books are a great choice for saving money and not making your debit card divorce you!

    I really hope you're enjoying Where She Went! I absolutely loved it, a perfect ending to Mia and Adam's story.

    Enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm such a used book junkie. I can spend hours in a used book store. Just looking for that hidden perfect gem.

      I'm nervous about the ending, but I keep hearing that it is perfect. Can't wait. Only about 50 pages left.

      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  2. awesome romance picks! judith mcnaught is fantastic and maya banks' historical novels are some of her best novels in my opinion. happy reading :)

    hope you can stop by my StS Post.

    -michelle @ Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maya Bank can throw down on historical novels. IMO, they are her best stuff.

      Thanks for stopping by! And hoping over to your StS now.

      Delete
  3. Iv'e been wanting to read a Judith McNaught book for such a long time but never got round to it! Awesome haul! Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The two I've read by her so far have been excellent.

      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  4. I can't wait for the If I Stay movie too! I plan to read the book before the movie comes out though :) Great haul.
    Here's my STS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book is so good. Hope you get to it before the movie! It's not too long. I think I read it in one night because I couldn't put it down.

      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  5. I loved If I Stay and can't wait for the movie. Need to read Where She Went still.
    Check out my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where She Went has been amazing so far. I wanted to get it read before the movie. I'm so excited for the movie, I'm counting down.

      Delete