Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Book Review: Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson



Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson

Reason Read: I've been trying to read some of the more famously known books. And this one was free on amazon :)

Rating: 3/5 stars

This book has its ups and downs as far as reading goes. At times I was drawn in by the characters and flew through the pages. Other parts of the book were slightly sluggish and I had to push forward. Overall though I enjoyed this book.

Of course, Stevenson made the characters descriptive and rememberable. Some of which are even very lovable. The story is mainly told through the eyes of young Hawkins. He is smart, adventurous, and in my opinion pretty lucky. And I couldn't help but like Long John Silver. I would have actually enjoyed seeing some of the story through his viewpoint. Like most, the pirates were very colorful. Their speech was hard to understand at times though but once I got adjusted to their way of speaking it flowed a lot easier. I had to use my kindle dictionary a couple of times to help me understand some of the ship and sea lingo.


This book contains: pirates, fighting, treasure maps, backstabbing, a parrot,  and of course lots of rum! If any of the things above interest you then you will love this sea story.  It is, after all, a classic!


Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and read this review.  Please leave a comment and say hello. Have you this read Treasure Island already? Did you like it?

I think the next book by Stevenson that I want to eventually read is Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde. Have you read it? What do you think? I hear it is scary!

No comments:

Post a Comment