The question this week is: Who are the top ten authors that you'd DIE to meet?
Bunny Trail: One time my grandma took me to meet this local authors who had a store not far from my grandma's house. I was probably about ten but I still have the book she signed for me on my bookcase.
Anyways, on with my list (in no certain order):
- S.E. Hinton - She happens to be one of my all time favorite authors. Since high school, I have loved The Outsiders. It is brilliant.
- C.S. Lewis -- If I met this man I think I would be speechless. I would just want to sit down and let him teach me anything he wanted.
- Madeline L'Engle -- A Wrinkle in Time -- amazing!
- Lurlene McDaniel -- I probably should thank her for getting me into the reading spirit when I was younger or maybe she should thank me because I own over twenty of her books. And I occasionally reread some of them too - Angel of Hope or Angel of Mercy (love 'em!).
- A.W. Tozer -- Again, here is another man that I would like to learn from. Tozer is similar to C.S. Lewis. If you like some of Lewis writings on Christianity, you'll probably enjoy The Knowledge of the Holy by Tozer. It is very deep and thought provoking.
- Ted Dekker - So I have only read one of his books, but I am currently working on the 2nd. He is my roommates favorite author. She actually got to meet him. He made my list because I want to meet him now too.
- Bruce Olson -- He wrote about his true journey to South America in his book Bruchko. And how he met and ended up living among the native tribes there. I had to read this one for class, but it was amazing. It made want to tie my hair in braids and move to the jungle.
- J.K Rowling -- Just because it would be cool to say that I have met her.
- Francine Rivers -- I love her Mark of the Lion series (well I still need to read the last one, but the first two are great) and of course Redeeming Love.
- Victor Hugo -- So Les Mis is on my to-read list, but I hear once you finish the whole novel that it is practically life changing. C'est vrai?
Have a great Tuesday :)
P.S. My site is almost finished with construction. Really the only thing I lack is adding more information to the side bars.