Friday, August 16, 2013

Read-a-thon: Bout of Books sign up and goals

Bout of Books

 

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 19th and runs through Sunday, August 25th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 8.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team
Yeah, I am definitely joining in on this read-a-thon. I have so many books that I need to tackle and get knocked off of my TBR list. Goals to follow.

 

My Goals

  • Read at least 100+ pages a day
  • Write a review for every book that I finish
  • Finish my resume (personal goal)



Books to Read

If I could actually get all of these read, I'd probably go on a book shopping spree just to celebrate.

 

 
 
 

 

 

What are your goals?

 

10 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm glad you're doing it, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have so many books to get knockd out..I thought this ould imspire me to get a bunch knocked out.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for coming by Bemused Bookworm! I love your book choices! I haven't read any of these but Daughter of Smoke and Bone has been om my list forever!!! I love how you specified pages per day.... they would probably work better for me...i'll have to try that next time. lol :)And love the resume goal!! :D

    http://bemusedbookworm.weebly.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Daughter of Smoke and Bone has been excellent so far!

      Hope to keep up with you throughtout the read-a-thon.

      Delete
  3. Great goals! I forgot to put one about writing reviews - I'm 50 books behind, I probably should have a goal for it! :) I want to read Ten Tiny Breaths and start the Lux series! I totally agree, if I could read all the books I *want* to read during the read-a-thon it should be rewarded with buying some more books!

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha..if I don't write it right after I finish then it usually doesn't get wrote.

      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  4. I've been wanting to read Ten Tiny Breaths! I love Daughter of Smoke and Bone! I hope you like both and all the others you read! I don't think I'll even try to write reviews until next week, I might make posts for them with bullet points then fill them in later! That will be good for me, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bullet point post might help. I usually have to write 'em up fast or I don't get them done. It does take time away from reading though.

      See ya throughout the week.

      Delete
  5. I loved Ten Tiny Breaths. I'm actually in the process of trying to get my thoughts down in a review.

    Good luck with your goals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just finished it too. Wasn't it amazing??

      Delete