Friday, January 4, 2013

Review: Pushing the Limits

First, I would like to give a resounding cheers to the year 2013! I have big, big hopes and dreams for this year, and it doesn't look like the type to disappoint. So, my friends, Happy 2013 -- the year of living life to the fullest.

Second, welcome! This blog has been a little bit of everything.  Now, I want to use it to write about and expand on my love of reading.  It will most likely consist of short reviews and my participation in different memes. 




Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry

Summary (from goodreads): No one knows what happened the night Echo Emerson went from popular girl with jock boyfriend to gossiped-about outsider with "freaky" scars on her arms. Even Echo can't remember the whole truth of that horrible night. All she knows is that she wants everything to go back to normal.But when Noah Hutchins, the smoking-hot, girl-using loner in the black leather jacket, explodes into her life with his tough attitude and surprising understanding, Echo's world shifts in ways she could never have imagined. They should have nothing in common. And with the secrets they both keep, being together is pretty much impossible.

Yet the crazy attraction between them refuses to go away. And Echo has to ask herself just how far they can push the limits and what she'll risk for the one guy who might teach her how to love again.


Add this to your TBR pile on Goodreads by clicking the cover.


I know that a lot of people have already reviewed this book and gave it some excellent remarks. Yet in the name of free expression and Christmas break...I too will share some thoughts. 

The way the plot untangles and begins to layer is marvelous. That is what makes this story shoot from good to fantastic  midway through the book.  Both of the main characters, Noah and Echo, are really suffering.  And page by page we begin to piece together the puzzles from their past along with them.  And it is a slow process.  The characters become more and more relatable as the story builds and as we discover another secret or problem.   

When they finally reach different points of clarity, it was like my heart was right there on the line too. I could understand their pain and emotions. More than one scene, I found my heart aching or tears starting to form. And that, in my humble opinion, is a good book -- One that makes you feel connected to the characters and their situations. And that is why I enjoyed this book so much.

This books is well written. It builds and flows beautifully. I mean after I got about midway through, I could hardly put it down because I was enjoying it so much. I stayed up all night finishing the last half.  


On a side note, of course I loved the romance. The romance was like the frosting on top of the cake. I mean seriously, who doesn't love a bad boy?  

And Beth as the leading gal in the next book?? Can hardly wait to read it.









No comments:

Post a Comment